In order to qualify for leave to enter or remain in the above category, your sponsor in the UK must meet one of the following criteria:

  • be in permanent employment earning £18,600 per year
  • be self employed and have average earnings of £18,600 over the past 18 or 24 months
  • have other specified non-employment income amounting to £18,600
  • have savings amounting to £62,500
  • have earnings from employment or income from other sources which, although lower than £18,600, can be 'topped up' from savings
  • be in receipt of specified benefits, including Disability Living Allowance or Carer's Allowance, and be able to support their family as per government minimum requirements.

If applying for leave to enter the UK and your sponsor is living outside of the UK at the time of application, you will also qualify for leave to enter if he has a firm job offer from a UK employer, with suitable salary, due to start within 3 months of returning. 
If you have dependent children who are also applying then more savings or income will be required.

If you would like Takeoff Immigration and Visa to assess your eligibility, please contact us  ONLINE


The accommodation requirements remain the same, that is that you have somewhere to stay with the permission of the owner of the property, with at least one room that you and your sponsor occupy exclusively, and that will not be overcrowded.


You must be in a genuine relationship with your sponsor. The government have introduced a number of new tests to make sure that the relationship is genuine. Legitimate couples should not be greatly affected by this.

If successful, an out-of-country applicant will be issued a visa valid for 33 months. If in- country, the visa will be granted for 30 months. The visa will then need to be extended until you have been in the UK for 5 years, at which point you can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain.

How Takeoff Immigration and Visa can help you

We look at all of the relevant information surrounding your case, putting all the pieces together. Every case has its own merits, therefore, it is of the utmost importance that they analyse and assess your individual circumstances before they take your case forward. Only then, will they fully inform you on what they will do next and you are allocated a Senior Legal Caseworker.

The collation of documents is the back bone of your case, as it helps to strengthen and validate your UK Visa application. Our  Senior Caseworker will give you unrestricted access to a unique Case Management System, so you can raise any concerns you may have. It will also allow you to send important documents from the comfort of your home or office, 24 hours a day. No need for appointments.

Once the documents have been collated, the Senior Caseworker will then apply legal representation, applying the latest immigration rules to your application. This alone could be the difference in your application being rejected or granted. It's in these very important legal representations that our Barristers will use the expertise that they have honed, through submitting thousands of successful UK Visa applications, in presenting your case.

The Home Office makes their decisions based on the documents and legal representations that are presented to them. In most instances they don't get to meet you in person, hence the importance that the documents that our Senior Case Worker submit to them, contain relevant facts about your case that are further validated and strengthened by applying current UK Immigration Law.

It does not stop there. Once your application is submitted, our Senior Caseworker  will closely monitor the progress of your application with the deliberating body until a decision has been reached. They will then notify you of the outcome, so you are up-to-date on any information regarding your UK Visa application.

Contact a member of our Team  0203 283 8742  or  on the contact  form.

Levels of Service

Spouses/Civil Partners/Unmarried partners/fiancee's of British citizens, people in the UK with ILR, recognised refugees or those with humanitarian protection