Tier 5 Visas - Creative & Sporting Workers

Migrants wanting a UK visa for up to 12 months as sports people, entertainers or creative artists can do so under this category.

It does not cover people who are currently in the United Kingdom under the permit-free concessions for entertainers, including permit-free festivals, and sports people. 

Those operating or intending to operate in the creative industries can apply for a licence for creative workers and their staff. Although not a common UK visa, it's nevertheless the best choice for those in these professions.

You can get your application under way today by visiting the Takeoff Visa Services online assessment area.

Creative category eligibility
Category 1 - the migrant is required for continuity in the creative sector
In this category the person considering UK immigration will have worked for a period of one month or more on the same production outside the European Economic Area before coming to the United Kingdom. Same production means one which is largely the same in terms of direction and design as the production outside the European Economic Area.

Category 2 - the migrant has international status in the creative sector
This means that the migrant is internationally famous in their field.  This is different to being well-known only in one country.  

Category 3 - the migrant is established at the highest level in their profession within the creative sector
This means that the migrant has performed at the highest level and has established a reputation in their profession. This also includes people and groups who are engaged to perform or do work which only they can do.
Category 4 - the migrant is engaged by a unit company within the creative sector

A unit company is a large group of entertainers who have regularly performed together in their own country and overseas as part of an established production before coming to the United Kingdom. A group formed specifically for a United Kingdom tour will not be classed as a unit company. Pop music or groups are not classed as unit companies. 

Sporting category eligibility
To get a licence as a sponsor of sports people, you must be a sporting body, sports club, events organiser or other organiser operating, or intending to operate in the sporting sector.
An agent cannot be a sponsor under this category.

If you like this page you may find our page on Tier 5 visa youth mobility scheme (YMS) helpful.

General requirements

This category is for:

Sports people who are internationally established at the highest level in their sport; and/or

Sports people whose employment will make a significant contribution to the development and operation of their particular sport in this country; and/or coaches who must be suitably qualified for the job.

Though migrants in this category do not need a governing body endorsement to get permission to enter or stay, you must make sure that they follow the criteria set for the category before issuing a certificate of sponsorship.
If a sport does not have a governing body recognised by the home country sports councils, the sports councils and other relevant sporting bodies, for example, the Central Council of Physical Recreation, which is the national alliance of governing and legal representative bodies of sport and recreation, whether there is an appropriate body.

Takeoff Visa Services provide a complete range of UK immigration and visa services under the new points based system and as the system is rolled out in the UK, we will be fully equipped to help you obtain the right visa for your needs.

If you're a sporting body, sports club, events organiser or other organiser operating, or intending to operate in the sporting sector and need help obtaining a Tier 5 visa call Takeoff Visa Services today. We operate on a flat fee structure taking the stress out of obtaining your visa. Find out further information on our Tier 5 Visa - Youth Mobility Scheme (YMS) page.

How Takeoff Immigration and Visa can help you

We look at all of the relevant information surrounding your case, putting all the pieces together. Every case has its own merits, therefore, it is of the utmost importance that they analyse and assess your individual circumstances before they take your case forward. Only then, will they fully inform you on what they will do next and you are allocated a Senior Legal Caseworker.

The collation of documents is the back bone of your case, as it helps to strengthen and validate your UK Visa application. Our  Senior Caseworker will give you unrestricted access to a unique Case Management System, so you can raise any concerns you may have. It will also allow you to send important documents from the comfort of your home or office, 24 hours a day. No need for appointments.

Once the documents have been collated, the Senior Caseworker will then apply legal representation, applying the latest immigration rules to your application. This alone could be the difference in your application being rejected or granted. It's in these very important legal representations that our Barristers will use the expertise that they have honed, through submitting thousands of successful UK Visa applications, in presenting your case.

The Home Office makes their decisions based on the documents and legal representations that are presented to them. In most instances they don't get to meet you in person, hence the importance that the documents that our Senior Case Worker submit to them, contain relevant facts about your case that are further validated and strengthened by applying current UK Immigration Law.

It does not stop there. Once your application is submitted, our Senior Caseworker  will closely monitor the progress of your application with the deliberating body until a decision has been reached. They will then notify you of the outcome, so you are up-to-date on any information regarding your UK Visa application.

Contact a member of our Team  0203 283 8742  or via the form below.